If you have a Ford Maverick and want a tonneau cover, you should get it sooner than later. You do not want to end up losing your valuable stuff to thieves or the weather.
You want to spend your money on a quality tonneau cover to protect your Maverick from rain and storms, secure it from potential vandals, and maybe even improve the gas mileage.
It would be unnerving to select the best tonneau cover for your ford maverick because, currently, the market is swamped with a variety of this product. But if you have found yourself here, you can stop worrying about that and start reading the reviews below. They will entail all the details you need to make your purchase decision.
Best Tonneau Covers For Ford Maverick Review
1. Rock N Roll A-Series Retractable Tonneau Cover
The tonneau cover from Rock N Roll is for users with the top concern of security. If you have an A-series cover for your truck bed, it will be under A-one protection from vandalism and unfavorable weather situations.
Features and Benefits
- Heavy-Duty Materials: The signature characteristic of the A-series tonneau covers is their 2-slate aluminum and powder-coated construction. The sturdiness of the aluminum exterior shields the layer from UV rays and scratches. What also caught my attention is the patented hinge system for frictionless rotations. With the sleek appearance on one side, the cover does its job seamlessly.
- Simple Operation: Operating the tonneau cover is no struggle. You have to twist the latch facing the top and unlock the layer. Then it will open wide into the canister, giving you access to the bed. You can pull on the strap to reengage the latches. They will come with two options for stopping and make it easier for you to haul tall items.
- Vast Storage: The cover has the most spacious storage among conventional retractable covers. It sits only 7.25 inches deep and highlights an aerodynamic lid to preserve the cargo space of your pickup bed. Any object you keep there will be a thousand times better protected than it would have been without the cover. I am not saying that it will be impossible to vandalize them. But I can assure you that it will give vandals a hard time attempting it.
- Easy Installation: Installing the cover is also as straightforward as operating it. With a clamp-on and patented track design, nothing can go wrong with it.
- Warranty: The company makes the covers in the USA and provides a non-transferable 3-year warranty period with its products. They have free delivery in almost all states. If you have any issues or queries about the cover, you can call them anytime and get great customer service.
- Highly protective
- Easy installation and operation
- Suitable for beginners
- Quality materials to resist scratches and UV rays
- Patented hinge design to ensure frictionless rotations
- Free shipping inside the USA
- Not the most budget-friendly option
2. TruXedo TruXport Soft Roll-Up Truck Bed Cover
Users looking to invest safely in a tonneau cover will find the Truxedo cover worthwhile. It is the most standard option on a budget.
Features and Benefits
- Easy To Use: The cover design is remarkably advantageous to use. You unlock the latches and unfold the cover, and it will cling to your truck bed like a second skin.
- High-Quality Materials: The durability of a cover majorly depends on its materials. The brand, despite charging reasonably lower than most others, was uncompromising with the quality. It used powerful elements like heavy frames and leather-embossed vinyl to construct the cover.
- Quick Installation: You will literally need half an hour to set up the roll-up tonneau cover. The clamp-on mechanism will ask for no tools, labor, or time.
- Dry And Safe Cargo: The tarp tension of the cover is preset. It keeps it tight to keep water out of the truck bed. So, rest assured, you can put your items there and forget about them because they will be dry and safe in any weather condition. Weeks of rain cannot do anything to them. Plus, your stuff will remain intact, even if sudden snowfalls cause thick snow to pile up in the truck.
- Budget-Friendly: You will find the price pretty moderate. Not many tonneau covers are as withstanding to rough weather as this one. However, if you want it for security, too, it may not come off as protective.
- Warranty: The product has a big warranty period of 5 years. Customers often share their bad experiences in trying to avail of the warranty of many companies, but Truxedo stays true to what it promises you. You will face no trouble with it.
- Suitable for any user
- Budget-friendly and quick installation
- Powerful materials
- Capable of withstanding thick snows and continuous rainfall
- 5-year warranty
- It is only available in black, which makes the fabric hot in summer.
- It could do better in terms of providing security from theft.
3. BAK BAKFlip MX4 Hard Folding Tonneau Cover
Speaking of theft control, the tonneau cover from Bak Bak could be an absolute treasure for you. The premium hard cover will take care of everything that could give you headaches about the valuable stuff in your Ford Maverick.
Features and Benefits
- Security From Theft: Hard tonneau covers are known to be more protective than soft ones. To top it off, the Bak Bak cover comes with sleek matte black aluminum panels. They make it enough to put up against acute weather conditions. Moreover, the layer fits a Ford Maverick bed perfectly and stays tightly stuck, which gives vandals no chance of messing around your truck. Here is a little heads-up – that will call for a higher budget.
- Flexible Operation: A handy feature of the cover is that you get flexible operation options. You can run it folded, flipped up, or closed. None of them will conceal the third braking light. Besides, when you keep it closed or open, you can use the duel-action tailgate seal to activate the tailgate function.
- Easy Access: You can haul cargo easily without even removing the cover. It is completely foldable, providing you with easy access to the entire truck bed without causing any barriers in the way. The reason for mentioning it is that many covers take up so much space that users cannot use their truck beds fully. But that will not happen with the Bak Bak cover, be sure about that.
- Others: The cover has a rating up to a maximum of 400 lbs with an even distribution of weight. Aside from an unencum ered 5-year warranty, the brand offers post-purchase support exclusively for US residents.
- Prevention of vandalism
- Premium hard cover with a finish of matte black aluminum
- Full access to the truck bed
- Flexible functions
- Dual-action tailgate seal
4. Tyger Auto T3 Soft Tri-Fold Truck Bed Cover
If there were a popular choice award for the products I am reviewing today, it would go to the Tyger Auto tonneau cover. I have talked about convenience, ease of setup, and durability. But this cover bats the competition out of the boundary, and here is how.
Features and Benefits
- Highly Protective: The cover is made of aircraft-grade aluminum with a marine-grade vinyl coating. This careful and exclusive engineering makes the product incredibly resilient to stand unfazed in the face of intense weather.
- Additional Accessories: It will require you to use tools to install the cover. But no worries, as they all come with the package. You will get mounting clamps, brackets for the cargo management system, weather seal strips, safety clamps, and other items to assemble the tonneau cover. And guess what? You will not have to do any drilling to install it!
- User-Friendly: Yes, although it needs extra things for installation, the procedure is as simple as it gets. It takes less than 30 minutes for individuals who are not great with technology. People were head over heels for the cover because of the ease of its function and installation. And that is precisely why I thought it was worthy of the award.
- Quick Delivery: If you are in dire need of a tonneau cover, you should definitely think about this brand. Tyger Auto is quite efficient at it. Almost all customers said that they received an early delivery.
- Installation Instruction: Note that you will have to cut the small holes in the bed liners if your vehicle has an over-the-bed rail bed liner. It will secure the clamps to accomplish the installation properly. As for an under-the-bed rail bed liner, no modifications will be necessary.
- Very easy to use
- Strong protection against theft and harsh weather conditions
- Swift delivery
- Quick installation
- Inclusion of additional accessories
- Sometimes water may collect in the ribs of the cover.
5. Truxedo Sentry CT Hard Rolling Tonneau Cover
Contrary to the usual order, I decided to keep the top-rated Ford Maverik Tonneau Cover for the last. You have already got acquainted with Truxedo in a previous review. Here is another one to tell you how the brand bagged two spots on my list.
Features and Benefits
- Secure And Convenient: The Sentry CT is the perfect balance between security and convenience. It will come with an additional latch to help you drive peacefully at highway speeds with your expensive objects.
- Quality Construction: The brand made the cover with heavy-duty aluminum to amplify its strength and finished it with a matte black fabric for protection. The outer fabric provides UV and weather resistance. So, be it scorching heat or biting cold, it cannot touch your possessions.
- Velcro: There is a velcro attached to the cover sides. Although it may be off-putting for some, they work well. When you check your truck bed after a rainy night, you will be relieved to see your possessions safe and dry and be thankful for the velcro.
- Two Options: Here is the key reason why I could not help listing the product. Apart from the impeccable service, there are two options for this particular tonneau cover. The link attached to the review will take you to the matte black one, besides which there is another cover of the same making but with industrial-grade vinyl. Anyone preferring vinyl to a matte black finish or having a lower budget will appreciate the flexibility. However, do not take the price gap for reduced quality. The vinyl cover is just as protective with its one-hand rolling design. You will get all the bed space to yourself. The item also has a 3-year warranty, like the other one.
- Safe and convenient
- Availability of an alternative product with the same benefits
- Highly protective
- Use of velcro to keep water out
- Easy installation and hassle-free warranty
How To Buy The Best Tonneau Cover For Ford Maverick?
Here goes the buyer’s guide. Have a look at the following factors before purchasing your tonneau cover.
Spending on a tonneau cover is an investment you do not want to make repeatedly. So, it should be made of sturdy materials to last for several years. Users usually look for matte black covers because of their high durability. If your budget does not permit you to go for that, look for other ones that offer minimum sustainability. Otherwise, it will not be worth it.
Soft Cover Vs. Hard Cover
I will discuss their differences later in the article. The primary difference is that a soft cover is not as protective and costly as a hard cover. If your area does not have frequent vandalism, you could do it with a soft one. But if not, the other one would be the appropriate option.
Poor quality covers tend to use up the truck bed space of your Ford Maverick, keeping you from storing your valuables there. Make sure the one you buy provides you with easy and full access to the truck bed.
Ease Of Use And Installation
Consider the convenience of using and installing a tonneau cover, especially if you are a beginner. If it is not easy to set up, it will give you a hard time and may even make you stop using it. A quality tonneau cover should be smooth, flexible, and effortless.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Tonneau Cover?
A tonneau cover is a soft or hard layer designed to appropriately fit a pickup bed, offering a plethora of benefits. While it differs from one type and brand to another, every tonneau cover shares some common areas.
Protection Against Weather
Protection against the weather is the most fundamental benefit. When you are not home and a sudden storm is on its way, a tonneau cover will keep the tools in your vehicle’s bed safe.
You can also get a tonneau cover to secure a vacant truck bed. It is one of the areas where rust grows fast. Then water collects during snowfall or rain, inviting rust to make a home. Besides, the cover will keep the truck bed dry, making it convenient for you to grab your items when needed.
Another underrated benefit is that the cover will keep loose devices from getting thrown over the road during an abrupt stop or quick turn.
Security Against Vandalism
When you keep your gear and gadgets unprotected, you expose them to adverse weather AND opportunistic minds waiting for the perfect moment to steal them.
So, using a cover will conceal them, add more security, and make it challenging for thieves to access them. Moreover, you can lock the tonneau cover to ensure extra safety for your valuables.
Reduced Fuel Consumption
In 2007, the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) carried out a study that reported that it could be possible to decrease fuel consumption by using a tonneau cover. Not that it will cut it down dramatically, but you can save fuel by 1.8%. Consider the accumulated savings over time, particularly if you have to drive on highways frequently.
Staying In Style
Although most advantages of using a tonneau cover are practical, you cannot deny its contribution to your truck’s appearance. It will enhance the look of the truck bed by making it organized and sleek.
It is a low-profile layer. When you cover the bed with it, it will stick and become a part of it. A covered bed looks better than an uncovered one. That is more applicable if you use your vehicle to mulch. Since it is extremely difficult to clear the mess in the bed, you can get a cover to conceal some of it.
If you have driven your truck at a high speed, you know what it is like with an unprotected bed. Air fills it like a bag and causes resistance, making it regrettable for you with loud noise and increased fuel usage.
A tonneau cover saves gas, even though by a slight degree. If the better part of your rides includes highway driving, you can save a significant quantity of fuel by the end of a year. It is not the most convincing reason to get a tonneau cover, especially if you drive under 30-40 mph, but it is a bonus advantage for those who go above that.
More Options For Cargo
A pickup truck has massive cargo space. But users hardly use the beds to keep small objects or grocery items. Apparently, other than theft and weather risks, that is due to highway speeds. You do not want to be one of those drivers who have at least once failed to keep their goods safe.
You can ensure that by buying a tonneau cover. It will turn your truck into a spacious, safe, and neat trunk. You can also pull tiny objects and prevent them from flying around the pickup bed using cargo nets.
Soft VS. Hard Tonneau Covers
You can divide tonneau covers into two categories – soft and hard. You will find a brief intro about each of them with their upsides and downsides illustrated below.
Soft Tonneau Covers
Soft tonneau covers have a light constriction, making them easier to use. It does not require any strenuous activity like lighting heavy panels. However, you should know that they are called soft covers because they are made of rugged nylon fabric. Their smooth finish does the job of protecting your vehicle from snow, dirt, and rain excellently.
- Easy setup, removal, and replacement
- Less costly than hard covers
- Heavy-duty and durable materials
- Easier target for vandalism
- Requirement of limiting stacking objects on the cover
- Less protective than hardcovers
- Mostly available in black
Hard Tonneau Covers
A hard cover keeps your stuff safe even during adverse weather, delivering higher protection than a soft cover. You cannot install it as fast as a soft cover, but it will not make you sweat.
They usually weigh approximately 300 pounds, made of plastic panels or fiberglass. Remember that the weight here means ‘evenly distributed.’ Standing or sitting on it could severely ruin it. Regardless, it is capable of withstanding heavy snowfalls. Also, its high durability enables it to act as a plain surface to place temporary supplies and equipment.
But if you want to stand or sit in the bed of your truck, you should look for an easily movable tonneau cover. A soft cover might be the better solution in that case.
- More resilient and lasting
- Less vulnerable to thieves and vandals
- Strong protection again rough weather, heavy rain and snowfalls, and dirt
- Available in different colors and textures
- Tendency to rattle and shake
- Less flexible
FAQs About Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover
Is it okay to wash the car with its tonneau cover?
You should remove it before washing because the rolling brush can damage the cover through abrasion.
Is it better to keep it rolled up?
It is better to keep it closed when the bed space is unoccupied or you do not have to transport cargo. When not driving your truck, leaving the layer rolled up could expose the interior to heat, decreasing its functionality and durability.
Do tonneau covers make noise?
They are made to fit the truck tightly. If there is any misfitting between the cover and your truck bed, it will cause shaking and rattling when you drive.
Are soft tonneau covers better?
They are better when you have a budget and do not need high security, in which case, the hard ones will give you more bounce to the ounce.
Does every tonneau cover leak?
Yes, regardless of the quality of your tonneau cover, it could always leak and let in some water. But that will not be an alarming problem due to its water resistance properties.
How to Install Truck Bed Cover
If you have thoroughly read my reviews, you already see my top three coming. So I will keep the verdict short and sweet.
The best tonneau cover for Ford Maverick is the Truxedo Sentry CT. If you can look past the price tag and see what is beneath it, you will marvel at the job Truxedo has done. If the price is not avoidable, you can always switch to the vinyl-made cover for a lesser budget.
Moreover, if it is your first cover, and you are unsure whether you should go for something upscale, Truxedo also has its Truxport soft roll-up cover to meet your demand. It has a variety of products for everyone’s preferences.
For users prioritizing vandalism problems, the Bak Bak tonneau cover would be a trustworthy option. Again, this one is expensive, too. But if you compare it with other hardcovers offering to safe keep your stuff from thieves, you will find it reasonable.
That is all from here. Thank you for reading!